Starting a business in Washington State
Washington hosts a range of companies of all sizes and industries, trading goods and services locally, nationally and internationally. The state is diverse and resilient, as well as an increasingly developing state; in recent years the job growth in Washington alone was three times that of the national average.
Requirements for starting a business in Washington State
- The share capital minimum is just $1
- An increase in the shares of the company may cause an increase in the initial filing fee of the company
- At least one company director is required
- There are no residency requirements for company directors
- There are no requirements for the company directors to be listed in the articles of incorporation
- The names of Limited Liability Companies must be suffixed with LLC, and Corporations suffixed with INC
- The company name must not be the same as another Corporation
How much does it cost to start a business in Washington State?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Washington State?
Starting a business in Washington State has a timescale of approximately one week, depending upon the receipt of all relevant information. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Washington State
Virtual offices: telephone, fax and mail forwarding facilities. £220 per month payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit which is refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
Serviced offices: facilities are based upon your business requirements. Cost subject to services – please contact us for a quote.
We have provision for a full range of accountancy services. Please contact us for a quote based upon the approximate number of monthly invoices and projected annual turnover of your company.
How to start a business in Washington State
To begin the procedures for starting a business in Washington State, we require the following documentation:
- A completed application form
- Two utility bills less than three months old
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport
- 100% of the company formation cost
We will be happy to give you advice or discuss your business situation, so please contact us for further information about your Washington company incorporation.