Starting a business in Vermont
Vermont’s economy is strong, with a solid foundation made up of the state’s environment, natural resource base, and communities. The economic benefits and developed business infrastructure, combined with an excellent quality of living surrounded by mountains, lakes and forests makes Vermont very attractive to foreign investors.
Requirements for starting a business in Vermont
- The share capital requirement is a minimum of $1
- An increase in the shares may affect the initial filing fees
- At least one director is required
- Residency for directors is not required
- The articles of incorporation do not need to list details of the directors
- LLCs must be prefixed with LLC, and Corporations with INC
- Company names must not bear similarity with other corporations
How much does it cost to start a business in Vermont?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Vermont?
Company registration in Vermont takes approximately one week, depending upon the rapid receipt of all required information. The necessary documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Vermont
The facilities of virtual offices include telephone, fax and mail forwarding. The cost is £220 per month payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
The facilities for serviced offices are designed around your business requirements.
Contact us and we will introduce you directly to an insured and regulated CPA/Accountant in the USA who will be able to review your requirements with you.
How to start a business in Vermont
In order to begin registering your Vermont Company, we require the following documentation:
- A completed application form
- 100% of the company formation cost
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport
- Two utility bills less than three months old
For more information about starting a business in Vermont and the services we provide, please contact us.