Starting a business in Texas
Texas is not just a leader in the American marketplace, but also in the global marketplace, with a huge number of worldwide exports. It has been consecutively the highest earning state in the USA for more than ten years.
The straightforward regulations and relatively low taxes benefit smaller companies in particular, and a large percentage of the state’s exporting companies are SMEs. Starting a business in Texas will put you in good company.
Requirements for starting a business in Texas
- Requires at least one director
- Does not require residency for directors
- Directors are also not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation
- The minimum share capital is $1
- An increase in company shares may cause the initial filing fee to increase
- Names of LLCs should have LLC added to the end, and names of Corporations should have INC
- The name must also be unique from other corporations
How much does it cost to start a business in Texas?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Texas?
Starting a business in Texas takes approximately one week, assuming the receipt of all relevant information is completed. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Texas
Virtual offices include services such as telephone, fax and mail forwarding. The cost is £220 per month payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
Serviced offices are serviced according to your requirements.
Contact us and we will introduce you directly to an insured and regulated CPA/Accountant in the USA who will be able to review your requirements with you.
How to start a business in Texas
In order to commence the process of starting a business in Texas, we require the following:
- A completed application form
- 100% of the company formation cost
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport
- Two utility bills less than three months old
Please contact us for further information about starting a business in Texas, or our other business and financial services.