Starting a business in Tennessee
Tennessee is consistently ranked as one of the lowest per capita taxed states in the US and is the cheapest state in terms of utility costs. As a result Tennessee has a profitable pro-business environment which foreign investors can take advantage of when starting a business in Tennessee.
Requirements for starting a business in Tennessee
- Minimum amount of share capital required is $1
- An increase in the company’s shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee
- A minimum of one director is required
- There are no requirements for the residency of directors
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation
- The name of the company must be different from any other corporation
- The names of LLCs must be suffixed with LLC, and Corporations with INC
How much does it cost to start a business in Tennessee?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Tennessee?
Starting a business in Tennessee has a timescale of approximately one week, but depends on the rapid receipt of all relevant information. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Tennessee
Virtual offices come with telephone, fax and mail forwarding facilities included. The cost is £220 per month payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
Serviced offices have a range of facilities designed for your business requirements.
Our accountancy services are based upon the approximate number of monthly invoices and projected annual turnover and can fully support your accounting requirements. Contact us for pricing details.
How to start a business in Tennessee
We require the following documentation before we begin the procedure for starting a business in Tennessee:
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport
- Two utility bills less than three months old
- 100% of the company formation cost
- A completed application form
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further details or pricing of our Tennessee company incorporation services.