Starting a business in South Dakota
The tax climate in South Dakota is favourable to foreign investors, and anyone starting a business in South Dakota can benefit from this.
The state has little crime, low energy costs, and an entrepreneurial spirit to aid business success across a range of industries.
Requirements for Company Formation in South Dakota
- $1 is the minimum amount of share capital
- The initial filing fee for the company may increase if the shares increase
- There must be at least one director
- Residency for directors is not required
- Articles of incorporation are not required to list the company directors
- LLC’s names must end in LLC and Corporation’s names must end in INC
- The company name must not be similar to any other corporation
How much does it cost to start a business in South Dakota?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in South Dakota?
Starting a business in South Dakota takes approximately one week, depending upon the receipt of all relevant information. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in South Dakota
Virtual offices include telephone, fax and mail forwarding facilities. The cost is £220 per month payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
Serviced offices are designed according to requirement.
The price of our accountancy services is based upon the approximate number of monthly invoices and projected annual turnover of your company. Please contact us for specific pricing.
How to start a business in South Dakota
To begin the process of starting a business in South Dakota, we require the following documentation:
- A completed application form
- 100% of the company formation cost
- Two utility bills less than three months old
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport
Please contact us for further information about the services we offer for starting a business in South Dakota, and how we can support your company throughout the process.