Starting a business in South Carolina
South Carolina offers the lowest Corporate Income Tax in the South East of the US, at a rate of just 5%. The business climate is also highly ranked, consistently featuring in the top 10 in the country – making starting a business in South Carolina a no-brainer.
The state’s tax regime is very beneficial, with no local Income Tax or Property Tax. Other incentives include minimal start-up costs, investment rewards, right-to-work policies, easy access to the government, protection for trade secrets, and fair rates of wage.
Requirements for South Carolina Company Registration
- Minimum share capital $1
- An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee
- At least one director is required
- Residency for directors is not required
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation
- For LLC’s the name will have LLC added to the end for a Corporation INC will be added
- The name must not be similar to another corporation
How much does it cost to start a business in South Carolina?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in South Carolina?
Starting a business in South Carolina takes approximately one week, depending on the receipt of all required information. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in South Carolina
Virtual offices provide facilities for telephone, fax and mail forwarding. The cost is £220 per month payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
Serviced offices are based on your business requirements.
Contact us and we will introduce you directly to an insured and regulated CPA/Accountant in the USA who will be able to review your requirements with you.
How to start a business in South Carolina
We require the following documentation in order to begin the process of starting a business in South Carolina:
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport
- 100% of the company formation cost
- Two utility bills less than three months old
- A completed application form
We can support your company formation in South Carolina. To discuss your personal situation, please don’t hesitate to contact us.