Starting a business in Rhode Island
Rhode Island is the birthplace of the American Industrial Revolution, and it continues to be a centre of business change today, being a US leading state in business innovation. The state offers incentives such as State Enterprise Zones, Small Business Incentives and Financial Service Industry Incentives as well as Foreign Trade Zones to attract business and foreign investors will find this location very advantageous for company incorporation.
Requirements for starting a company in Rhode Island
• $1 is the minimum amount of share capital
• An increase in the company’s shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee
• At least one company director is required
• Residency for directors is not a requisite
• Directors are not required to be listed in the company’s articles of incorporation
• The name of an LLC must end in LLC and the same is required of corporations, which must end in INC.
• The name must not be similar to another corporation
How much does it cost to start a business in Rhode Island?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Rhode Island?
Starting a business in Rhode Island takes approximately one week, upon receipt of all required information. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Rhode Island
Virtual offices include telephone, fax and mail forwarding facilities. The cost is £220 per month payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
Serviced offices are designed according to requirement.