Starting a business in Ohio
Ohio is becoming an increasingly competitive state, executing reforms that are substantially lowering the cost of doing business here. Ohio reduced taxes to the lowest in the US Midwest in 2010; this put up a good challenge to the states with which Ohio vies for business, as well as the primary coastal markets.
Starting a business in Ohio is becoming an increasingly viable location for business growth, offering low business and personal costs, a high quality of living, and a business climate favourable to foreign investors.
Requirements for starting a business in Ohio
• Minimum share capital amount is $1
• An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee
• At least one director is required, although residency for the director(s) is not
• Directors are also not required to be listed in the company’s articles of incorporation
• The company’s name must not be similar to another corporation
• For LLC’s the name must suffix LLC, and for Corporations, INC
How much does it cost to start a business in Ohio?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Ohio?
Starting a business in Ohio takes approximately one week, upon receipt of all required information. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Ohio
Virtual offices include services for telephone, fax and mail forwarding. The cost is £220 per month payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
Serviced offices are designed according to requirement.
Contact us and we will introduce you directly to an insured and regulated CPA/Accountant in the USA who will be able to review your requirements with you.
How to start a business in Ohio
In order to begin the process of starting a business in Ohio, we require the following documentation:
• A completed application form
• 100% of the company formation cost
• A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport
• Two utility bills less than three months old
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further information about our Ohio company formation services and how they can benefit you.