Starting a business in Maryland
Maryland boasts some of the wealthiest households in the country, with Howard and Montgomery two of the wealthiest in the country. Maryland also has a large food-production sector; one component of this is commercial fishing that is found in Chesapeake Bay.
The largest catches in Maryland are expensive blue crab, oysters, striped bass and menhaden. Baltimore City within Maryland is home to the eighth largest port in the nation which is recognised for its strategic importance.
Requirements for starting a business in Maryland
- Minimum share capital $1
- An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
- At least one director is required.
- Residency for directors is not required.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- Company name must contain corporation, incorporation or an abbreviation.
- Company name must not be similar to another incorporation.
- To pay local taxes with an EIN Number.
How much does it cost to start a business in Maryland?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Maryland?
Starting a business in Maryland takes approximately one week, upon receipt of all relevant information. Wherever you are in the world, we can send you the documentation.
Serviced or virtual offices in Maryland
- Virtual office (includes telephone, fax and mail forwarding facilities) £220 per month payable quarterly in advance plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
- Service office according to requirement.
Contact us and we will introduce you directly to an insured and regulated CPA/Accountant in the USA who will be able to review your requirements with you.
How to start a business in Maryland
In order to begin the procedures for starting a business in Maryland, we require the following:
- A completed Maryland Incorporation application form.
- 100% of the Maryland Incorporated cost, due on receipt of a pro-forma invoice from us.
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport.
- Two utility bills less than three months old.
Start An American Company offers you a range of Maryland Company Registration and Maryland Incorporation services, including setting up a virtual office for you to work from. We can forward all email, fax, posts and calls worldwide so you are never tied down to a particular location whilst running your business.