Starting a business in Maine
Maine plays a substantial part in the agricultural industry, with produce such as poultry, eggs, dairy products and cattle. The state is the largest supplier of blueberries in the world and produces 25% of North America’s supply.
Not only is Maine known for its agriculture but it is also becoming popular with tourists; the state is well-liked for sport hunting, particularly deer, moose and bear. Maine is also a good destination for sport fishing, snowmobiling, skiing, boating and camping.
Start An American Company are dedicated to providing you with a high level of service that will get the most out of starting a business in Maine, and offer one-to-one support at all times.
Requirements for starting a business in Maine
- The minimum share capital is $1
- The initial filing fee will be affected by any rise in the company shares
- A minimum of one director is required
- Directors’ residency provision is not required
- Articles of incorporation do not need to include directors’ details
- Corporation, incorporation or an abbreviation must be included in the company name
- The name must not be similar to another corporation
How much does it cost to start a business in Maine?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Maine?
The timescale for starting a business in Maine, provided all relevant information is received, is approximately one week. We will send the documents to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Maine
- Virtual offices include facilities for the provision of telephone, fax and mail forwarding facilities. The cost is £220 per month payable quarterly in advance plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
- Service office facilities are provided according to your requirements.
We provide a comprehensive range of accountancy services to cater for all your company’s accountancy years. For a quote based upon the approximate number of monthly invoices and projected annual turnover, please contact us directly.
How to start a business in Maine
We require the following documentation to begin starting a business in Maine:
- A completed application form.
- 100% of the Maine Company Formation cost, due on receipt of a pro-forma invoice from us.
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport.
- Two utility bills less than three months old
We offer a range of services that are designed to help make your Maine Company Formation project as stress free as possible. In addition to our Maine Company Registration packages, our service can be extended to include all your financial requirements, legal guidance, accounting and tax advice. Our one stop service makes it very easy for you to open a Maine company today!