Starting a business in Kansas
Kansas is the top wheat grower in the United States and is also the leader in producing grain sorghum and corn, as well as hay, soybeans and sunflowers also major crops. Meatpacking and the dairy industries make up major economic activities in the state. Kansas ranked in the top 10 of a survey to see which US states where the best for business, as well as in the Happiest state survey.
As American company formation experts, Start An American Company specialise in starting a business in Kansas for non US residents and companies. Our services cover everything you will need to become a successful and fully legal business entity in any state in America.
Requirements for starting a business in Kansas
- $1 is the minimum amount of share capital
- An increase in company shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee
- At least one director is required
- Residency for directors is not required
- Directors listed in the articles of incorporation is not required
- The name must involve corporation, incorporation or an abbreviation
- The name must be dissimilar to other incorporations
How much does it cost to start a business in Kansas?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Kansas?
The process for company formation in Kansas takes approximately one week, assuming the rapid receipt of all required information. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Kansas
For your new business to get off to the right start quickly, having a serviced office in the right location can make all the difference; through attracting important investors to gaining a favourable credit reputation. Start An American Company are able to provide an office with receptionist, secretary and all the office equipment you would expect at some of the most prestigious locations in Kansas. We have a network of associates that help facilitate the sourcing of offices with conference rooms and postal rooms too.
Alternatively, if you would prefer to manage your new company from a more convenient location, we can provide a virtual office on your behalf. All your calls, emails, faxes and mail can be forwarded to you anywhere in the world without your clients’ knowledge. This allows full advantage to be taken of the tax benefits in Kansas without needing to be physically based in the state. Many of our clients find the services of a virtual office an efficient way to operate their Kansas business, from the convenience of their own home or other favourable location.
Start an American company can provide you with a quote of our accountancy services, based upon the approximate number of monthly invoices and projected annual turnover.
How to start a business in Kansas
In order to commence starting a business in Kansas, we require the following documentation:
- A completed application form.
- 100% of the Incorporate Kansas cost, due on receipt of a pro-forma invoice from us.
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport.
- Two utility bills less than three months old.