Starting a business in Iowa
People starting a business in Iowa will benefit from a diverse economy, an advanced infrastructure and favourable taxation brackets as part of a pro-business ethos within the state.
This has helped Iowa maintain low unemployment and economic diversity, which in turn attracts new investors. The state is also a successful centre for financial, manufacturing, bioscience and IT industries within the US.
For more information on how we can help you open an Iowa company, and to find out more about the services we offer, please call one of our Iowa Incorporation experts today, or request a brochure online.
Requirements for starting a business in Iowa
- The minimum share capital is: $1
- Any rise in the company’s shares will affect the company’s fees for filing
- A minimum of one director
- No requirement for directors’ residency
- No requirements for directors’ details to be listed in the articles of incorporation
- The chosen company name must involve the following: corporation, incorporation or an abbreviation
- The name must be unique
- Registration for an EIN Number – for local taxation
How much does it cost to start a business in Iowa
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Iowa?
Assuming that all required documentation is received quickly, starting a business in Iowa can take a little as a week to complete. We can send you the documents anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Iowa
- Virtual offices include facilities such as telephone, fax and mail forwarding, at a cost of £220 per month payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
- Serviced offices are designed upon your personal business requirements, and costs vary accordingly.
Start An American Company offer accountancy services to manage all your accountancy needs. For a quote based upon the approximate number of monthly invoices and projected annual turnover, please contact us.
How to start a business in Iowa
We require the following documentation in order to begin your Iowa company incorporation:
- A completed application form.
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport.
- Two utility bills less than three months old.
- 100% of the company formation cost, due on receipt of a pro-forma invoice from us.
We provide a wide variety of fixed price packages and services for non US residents interested in Iowa Company Formation. Whether you need a serviced office in the state of Iowa, green cards and working permits, or virtual offices with email, mail, fax and call forwarding to anywhere in the world; our team of legal and financial experts can sign deeds and documents on your behalf. We are also able to arrange bank accounts for your Iowa Company Registration project, along with tax planning and accountancy services pre and post Iowa Incorporation.