Starting a business in Illinois
If you are a non-US resident or business and you’re interested in starting a business in Illinois, then here at Start An American Company we can help you. We can guide you through every aspect of Illinois Company Formation, thanks to our experience and knowledge of the industry.
The favourable climate and rich land means Illinois is an important agricultural state. It also boasts a central location and good tax rates, making it perfect for setting up and conducting business.
Start An American Company can offer you a range of Illinois company registration and Illinois incorporation services, including setting up a virtual office for you to work from. We can forward all email, fax, posts and calls worldwide so you are never tied down to a particular location whilst running your business
Requirements for starting a business in Illinois
- At least $1 of share capital
- At least one director
- The company name to include either corporation, incorporation or an abbreviation
- An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the company’s initial filing fee
- Residency for directors is not required
- Directors are also not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation
- The company name must not be similar to another company
How much does it cost to start a business in Illinois?
- Due to the unique and individual nature of businesses, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Illinois?
Depending upon the receipt of all required information, forming a company in Illinois can be completed within one week. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Illinois
- Virtual office (includes telephone, fax and mail forwarding facilities) – £220 per month payable quarterly in advance plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
- Service office (facilities based upon your personal business requirements) – cost varies according to requirement.
We offer a range of accountancy services to Illinois companies. Please contact us for a quote based upon the approximate number of monthly invoices and projected annual turnover.
How to start a business in Illinois
For the process of starting a business in Illinois, we require the following:
- A completed application form.
- 100% of the Illinois Limited Liability Company or Incorporation Formation cost, due on receipt of a pro-forma invoice from us.
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport.
- Two utility bills less than three months old.