Starting a business in Georgia
Food is a major industry in Georgia, with peanuts, corn, and soybeans being produced across the middle and South Georgia. Georgia is the number one producer of pecans in the world, the region around Albany in Georgia is the centre of Georgia’s pecan production.
Additionally, areas in the Northeast of Georgia tout themselves as the Poultry Capital of the World. Georgia was recently rated 15 out of 50 states by Forbes for the best state to do business in, a very respectable position and one not to be ignored.
Georgia offers many benefits for business with a good quality of life and excellent growth prospects for the state.
Requirements for starting a business in Georgia
- The minimum amount of share capital is $1
- An increase in the shares will affect the initial filing fee
- At least one director
- Residency for directors is not required
- Directors are not required to be listed in the company’s articles of incorporation
- The name must contain corporation, incorporation or an abbreviation
- The name must not be similar to other existing incorporations
How much does it cost to start a business in Georgia?
- Due to the individual and unique nature of each business, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to start a business in Georgia?
Starting a company in Georgia takes approximately one week, dependent upon the receipt of all required information. Wherever you are in the world, we can send you the documents.
Serviced or virtual offices in Georgia
- Virtual offices include facilities such as telephone, fax and mail forwarding at a cost of £220 per month. This is payable quarterly in advance, plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
- Service offices vary according to your specific business requirements.
Contact us and we will introduce you directly to an insured and regulated CPA/Accountant in the USA who will be able to review your requirements with you.
Business & Financial Services in Georgia
The services we offer are all undertaken by experienced professionals who have a wealth of expertise in the business formation industry.
Start An American Company are able to obtain and sign legal documents on your behalf as part of our specialist remote service.
That means you could essentially open an LLC in Georgia or a corporation in Georgia from the comfort of your own home or office, anywhere in the world.
How to start a company in Georgia
When starting a business in Georgia, we require the following documentation:
- A completed application form.
- 100% of the Georgia Limited Liability Company or corporation Formation cost, due on receipt of a pro-forma invoice from us.
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport.
- Two utility bills less than three months old.