Starting a business in Connecticut
Connecticut boasts the highest per capita income in the whole of the United States, and is a hub of business activity in the global market.
The financial industry in Connecticut has been booming since the 1991 tax reforms and as such has helped boost the economy of the state, and the tax regime for foreign investors is highly favourable. People starting a business in Connecticut often focus on the thriving industries of agriculture, industrial machinery and tourism.
The highly skilled workforce in the state is a great resource for newly formed companies, and the close proximity to New York and Boston means that if you wish to trade globally, you have an extra advantage. You will also benefit from the advanced infrastructure of the state.
Requirements for starting a business in Connecticut
- At least $1 is required for share capital
- A share increase will affect the initial filing fee
- One director (at least) must be appointed
- Residency for directors is not a company requirement
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation
- The suffixes, corporation, incorporation or an abbreviation, must be included in the company name
- Company names must be unique
Connecticut Incorporation Fees
- Due to the unique and individual nature of each business, all enquiries are POA
Timescales for Connecticut Company Registration
Starting a company in Connecticut takes as little as a week, once you have provided us with the necessary information. For more information, or to discuss your Incorporate Connecticut requirements, call one of our team members today and we will assist you with creating the right package for your new Connecticut business.
Serviced or virtual offices in Connecticut
Our virtual office package means that you could be running your business from anywhere in the world. Phone call, email, mail and fax forwarding is directed through the Connecticut office and then on to your chosen numbers and addresses.
Alternatively we can arrange for a serviced office in a prestigious Connecticut location complete with receptionist, secretary and office equipment. Having an address in the right area is an essential component to successful Connecticut Incorporation.
Tax in Connecticut
The following tax reliefs are applicable in Connecticut; Corporate Business Tax credits, Corporate Business Tax exemptions, Corporate Sales Tax exemptions, Real and Personal Tax exemptions, Enterprise Zones.
For a quote for our accountancy services, based upon approximate number of monthly invoices and projected annual turnover, please contact us directly.
How to start a business in Connecticut
In order to commence the company registration procedure, we require the following:
- A completed application form.
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport.
- 100% of the company formation cost due on receipt of a pro-forma invoice from us.
- Two utility bills less than three months old.