Starting a business in Alaska
Alaska’s economy presently relies on oil, fishing and tourism, although the business friendly tax policy can be enjoyed by companies in all industries. Thanks to the success of petroleum extraction and the money that is made for the state, the tax burden is incredibly low.
This positive tax situation makes Alaska a popular choice for new businesses, as it is one of only two US states that imposes neither Personal Sales Tax nor Income Tax. The state government also supports the state’s banking, and as a result investment can be easily attracted from both private investors and banks.
Local sales taxes apply in some of the municipalities, and we can offer advice on starting a business in Alaska according to the taxes levied on the product or service you are providing.
Requirements for starting a business in Alaska:
- The minimum amount of share capital is $1
- An increase in shares may cause an increase in initial filing fees
- At least one director is required
- Residency for directors is not required
- Directors are also not required to be listed in the company’s articles of incorporation.
- The company name must contain corporation, incorporation or an abbreviation.
- The company name must be unique
- Register for an EIN Number, and pay local taxes
How much does it cost to open a business in Alaska?
- Due to the unique and varied nature of each business, all enquiries are POA
How long does it take to open a business in Alaska?
Applications can be completed in approximately one week, depending on the rapid receipt of all required documentation. The documents will be sent to you anywhere in the world.
Serviced or virtual offices in Alaska
- Start An American Company can arrange virtual office space in any part of Alaska, so that you can manage your new business from a more convenient location. By providing a mail, fax, telephone and email forwarding service, you can run your new company from anywhere in the world, even the comfort of your own home. A virtual office costs £220 per month payable quarterly in advance plus £660 deposit refundable within 30 days upon termination of your office contract.
- Alternatively we can set up a serviced office space complete with conference room, secretary and receptionist at a prestigious Alaskan location. For more information on arranging Alaska Incorporation please call one of our dedicated team members for advice today.
Our accountancy services are based upon the approximate number of monthly invoices and projected annual turnover, so please contact us for a quote.
How to start a business in Alaska
In order to register your company in Alaska, we require the following:
- A completed application form
- 100% of the company formation cost due on receipt of a pro-forma invoice from us
- A certified copy of each Directors/Shareholders passport
- Two utility bills less than three months old
Start An American Company specialises in helping non-US residents set up a fully operational company within the United States of America in as little as a week. Our aim is to give you all the help you need legally, financially and practically to get your new business venture off to a smooth start. We have a team of experienced accountants and legal advisors who will guide you through the specific regulations that need to be adhered to, according to the state you wish to form a company in. We can even offer advice based on the tax incentives and investment opportunities in different states to suit your industry. If you wish to open an Alaskan company via Start An American Company, you will be able to take advantage of the favourable administration for development of new companies, and get your Alaskan company formation project off to a swift start.